This topic came up on a forum. Here is my response to the topic. Regrading a liturgical form to use, that is relatively easy. This is where we can learn from the church catholic (not the RCC exclusively) on this topic. This is not child’s play, nor is it to entered into independently.
1. Study Scriptures
3. Consult with other pastors
5. Read the literature, not the sensationalist stuff, but the serious Lutheran writings.
7. Consult with doctors to ensure that there is no medical issue that is masking demonic activity, or is in fact the cause of the problems.
9. Teach your elders about all of this. Deuteronomy 18:9-14, Ephesians 6:10-20, 1 Peter 5:5-11, 1 John 1-5, James 4:1-10, James 5:7-18, etc.
10. Confess your sins to one another. Then forgive one another. Matthew 18:15-20, Ephesians 4:32, etc.
12. Prepare your family. This takes time, effort, energy, etc. It is not to be entered into lightly or with a short-time attitude.
14. Prepare to engage in long term spiritual growth for the individual, which should be a goal for all Christians.
If you still decide to proceed, then always have at least three people involved on site during the exorcism. All three should be mature Christians, well-grounded in the Scriptures. If the person is a woman, at least one of the participants needs to be a woman.
This is only an outline to make a beginning when approaching such a profound topic.